Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today a friend of mine asked me about what I hope to get from this summer. What am I expecting to bring back from this trip? We talked about this for awhile... It's kinda hard for me to answer this because I feel like the experiences and things that I will go through in Kenya are just so unknown. After some thought, there were things that I was able to list as expectations for this trip and a few others that I have thought of since our conversation...

I expect to see what God is doing in Kenya- at the Baby Center and in the city. He is so much bigger than I can fathom and I'm so anxious to experience His same infinite and unimaginable love for a culture that is different from mine.

I expect the Lord to work in my heart during this trip. He will continue to mold me and shape me, using this experience as just one of many tools to broaden my worldview and deepen my understanding of who He is.

I also expect to be stretched and challenged along the way. I will be on some unfamiliar turf with lots of unfamiliar faces and lots of new experiences... One of my favorite quotes is from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe in reference to Aslan:

"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the king I tell you."

He isn't safe, but He's good. And He's faithful...

0 comments:

Post a Comment