Friday, May 14, 2010

Here we go

Here are the postings of an admittedly poor writer and journalist. In fact, anyone who knows me well will probably tell you that I'm quite awful at articulating my thoughts, so here goes nothing... I do hope, however, that this will be a place where I can share my experiences and thoughts... some of which may be exciting and lots of which may be rather mundane. :)

In any case, I cannot convey to you how much I am anticipating this journey. This past week was spent in preparation for the trip at World Gospel Missions headquarters in Marion, IN. The experiences and relationships that I built there were such a blessing to me and such an encouragement... girls and guys that are going all over the world this summer- all with the common goal of showing the love of Christ and giving their time to serve others.

I'm back home now. I have two weeks and three days till I get to dust off that passport of mine. During this time my to do list consists of:
1. mulching the flowerbeds around our house- at the request of my loving mother :)
2. receiving immunizations for my world travels- bleh
3. celebrating my 21 years of life
4. cleaning the disaster of a room that followed me home from college
5. a trip to cedar point
6. figuring out what to put in the giant suitcase that is traveling with me to kenya.... (this might be the hardest task on the list)

0 comments:

Post a Comment